I modeled a general human looking person first and then I would edit it to make all the other characters. I didn't spend a lot of time on the people in the crowd as they wouldn't be a focus point and you wouldn't really be watching them.
This is my second time at trying to model something on 3Ds Max so I'm really rubbish at it, it takes me a long time to do something very simple.
After I while of trying to make facial features I gave up and decided to just make the eyebrow and nose shape separately and just group them to the rest of the body. I made the eyebrow shape out of a dougnut shape and just bent it the nose was just a squashed sphere. This took a lot less time than actually creating the shapes from the face, it also looks pretty cool.
I only gave the punk rocker, Phil Collins, the drugger and the guitarist detailed texturing. The crowd wouldn't have any close ups of them. I also didn't want them to draw attention away from the main characters, especially since the punk rocker is surronded by people and needs to stand out.
No comments:
Post a Comment